Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Forgetfullness. It's Not a Choice, its a CONDITON

and its been with me for as long as I can remember (pun intended- I'm not going to lie)

My memory works in mysterious ways. I can remember what my mother told my father to buy in the morning and can recite the list in the store, I can remember that character's name from that movie my cousin mentioned last week.

But I can't, for the LIFE of me, keep a pair of gloves for more than 3 days. I literally had to buy new ones everyday while in kindergarten I swear that closet had something in it and no one can tell me differently. I can't remember where I put my book bag or that I left the tab open for my bath so I now have a flooded living room.

I'm the WORST at remembering dates and assignments.

But, during these two years since I've moved to Egypt and now have my own official room with a classic desk, (my pride and joy and Nora's playground), I have developed a very 'Nadine' way of remembering things:

  1. Write
  2. Rip
  3. Stick
  4. Glare
  5. Remove

Now I know this in't a breakthrough in student behavior physiology or home decorating but I like to think my way is unique or just not said since there are those who care about reputation and neatness. Look at these pretty boards I found on Pinterest!



I feel like a completely different species

Ha, this isn't me nor will I ever have something like this. My method? THIS:


Who Doesn't Love A List?

  • School schedule? slap some rolled duck date on the back and stick it in the wall right in front of you- eye level is ideal (look at me making rules)
  • Assignments? Projects? Write them in the nearest notebook, 
  • tear it out, 
  • stick it.
  • JUST STICK IT


By the end of the term I had a collage of lined note paper on my wall- I stuck some quotes in the mix to liven up the party and give me a boost.

What makes this unique, other than the unceremonious technique, is the utter satisfaction I get when I finish something and get to rip it off the wall like a stain in my pretty star filled plaster.

I'm competitive and I'm a perfectionist, and I'm lazy.

Staring up and having that paper- that CHALLENGE- staring back at me makes me want to do it just to get it to shut up and OFF MY WALL. My mom didn't kick me out of the room for 2 days so the men could paint the ceiling and walls with pretty golden stars so that SCHOOL can come and RUIN it.

And since it's written in notebook paper and not, say, a fancy, pretty, card stock or pined to a pink cardboard, my eco-friendly side gets to shut up and I can savor the satisfying scrunch of the paper in my palms as I throw in the waste bin.

MUAHAHAH WORLD WAR 2 PROJECT? YOU HAVE NOTHING AGAINST MY RAGE. I'LL HAVE YOU DONE BY NOON YOU EYESORE.

Ahem.

Its me saying that its nothing and its a challenge I WON.

BEING A TOP STUDENT IS HARD, OKAY? ITS HARD WHEN YOUR NATURE IS TO PROCRASTINATE AND HAVE A BOOK PULLING AT YOU EVERY SECOND BUT AT THE SAME TIME I HAVE 3 ANNOYED TEAM MATES (a bit of threatening is needed in a leader) WHO ARE WAITING FOR ME TO SLIP UP AND THE TEACHERS WAVING THEIR SCARY RED PENS.

There are those who are disciplined and those who are insane.

I think its obvious which one I am.

Sincerely,
Nadine.

P.S

Tell me if you followed my instructions, 
I can't be the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment